Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Veggie-Go's

I am a sucker for anything local, organic, and healthy.  Call me a marketing company's dream, but hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.  Anyways, I got really excited when I went to Alfalfa's today and they were sampling Veggie-Go's made my The Naked Edge, a local company here in beautiful Boulder, CO.  These gems are organic, healthy, and really good.  They are kind of like fruit leathers for grownups, made from ingredients like beets, spinach, and sweet potatoes.  Needless to say, I left with my two favorites: the Mountain Berry Spinach (spinach, apples, berries, sweet potato) and the Cinnamon Spiced Beet (beets, apples, sweet potatoes, flax seeds, cinnamon).



Unlike many fruity snacks, these are super low calorie (14 cal per pack) and really low in sugar  (2g). Since they are made with fruit juice and the actual fruit, they have more fiber than most fruit snacks/leathers.  I don't have any particular food allergies, but these are soy free, dairy free, vegan, and gluten free so almost anyone can eat them. Delishhh. I think I am going to go buy more to take on the plane with me to Jamaica!

Now that your done reading this, go buy some of these. You will thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment