Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Drink Your Greens Smoothie

I am addicted to the Drink Your Greens Smoothie at Whole Foods, but at $7 a pop, my bank account is not....so I decided to make my own.  The one at Whole Foods is a pretty lime green color.  Mine turned out a reddish/brown color.  Look so gross but tasted soooo good.

The ingredients:

Apple juice (I juiced my own because I didn't have apple juice on hand, but use whatever you have), baby kale, spinach, frozen raspberries, a few frozen peaches, strawberries.


I also added half of this packet it...I only added half because I was afraid of the chalky taste and texture.  The nutritional stats on this are great: tons of vitamins, minerals, omegas, and protein.  Theres also less than 1g of sugar which is important when I look for any protein/smoothie powders.

I added everything to the blender and whirled.  I also ended up adding a half a container of Oikos plan Greek yogurt for more protein.  I loveeeedddd this smoothie.  It was a little thin, so if you like yours thick, definitely add a thickening agent. I am just too cheap to buy those.

On another note, it was this guys 2nd birthday yesterday, complete with broken toe.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK (poopmonster)

Drink Your Greens Smoothie


1 handful of kale
1 handful of spinach
1/4 cup of frozen raspberries
a few frozen peach segments
4 strawberries
1 cup apple juice
1/2 container of plain greek yogurt (4 oz-ish)
1/2 packet of whole foods optimizer or protein powder


Blend and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment