Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Healthy Broccoli Salad-Slaw

Mondays are great! I have no class and have the whole day to do whatever I want.  Tuesdays and Thursdays on the other hand are busy.  I have class all day with no breaks.  Needless to say I have to bring my lunch and an accouterment of other snacks or my stomach will literally start eating itself.  I am starting to get really sick of making wraps or packing snack plates but don't want anything thats too fussy or take forever to make.  Enter my creative vision: Healthy Broccoli Salad-Slaw.  It is really not that creative at all and is just a smorgasbord of other broccoli salad/slaw-esque dishes.  I made a giant batch of it so I can eat it for dinner and lunch or lunch both days. BAM, thats killing two birds with one stone if I've ever seen it.

I spent a small fortune at Whole Foods this morning, so I thought I would use as many fresh ingredients as I could: broccoli, pre-cut cabbage, zucchini, cauliflower, and carrots.

*I'm not even going to pretend to be a great photographer, so you get iPhone photos.

I also heated up some frozen shelled edamame after this picture was taken.

I then used to a mandolin to chop/shred all the veggies and put them into a giant mixing bowl.  If you don't have a mandolin, just chop 'em with any old knife.  I shredded the cauliflower but I did not like the grainy texture so I chose to just cut the broccoli.


I mixed and portioned into two containers to keep in the fridge until I am ready to use them.  


I plan on eating it with this dressing.  You could use whatever you wanted, I just was going for a kind of Asian-flare and wasn't horrified by the nutritional stats of this kind.


I am off to be productive and hopefully get a run in.  Its almost 70 here...LOVE IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment